Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good Behavior Rewards

In my classroom, I use a ticket system to promote good behavior choices. Throughout the day I give out tickets and students sign their names (in pencil-- we reuse the tickets) on the back. They can choose to save them or spend them. Spending means putting them in the daily drawing. At the end of the day, I (or a student helper) draw a ticket out of the bucket. The chosen student gets a quarter to use at the prize machine: My kiddos LOVE the prize machine!!! I found a dealer on Craigslist who sells used machines like this. He gave me a great deal once I told him what I'd be using it for. It works wonders! How do you reward good choices in your classroom? I love to hear what other teachers do!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love the prize machine...what a cute ideas {I'm off to craigslist now!} I also use tickets, but only pick 1 a week {amazingly it works} Here are some other strategies I use!
    Classroom Managment
    -Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you blog and I just started a blog myself!! I also use tickets to reinforce good behavior. I LOVE them. They go in a basket and on Fridays we do a drawing. I made up a spinner, and the arrow lands on a number. The number is how many tickets we draw. I also have a spinner that has options like, "Choose 2 tickets and spin again, choose a friend to spin, etc."
    Love the prize machine idea! Thanks!

    http://californiaenglishteacher.com

    ReplyDelete