Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We are Bucket Fillers!

I've used the Bucket Fillers idea in my classroom for a couple of years now. This year I decided to give it a facelift. I invested in a shoe holder and made "buckets" from styrofoam cups, ribbon, and labels. After going back and forth about whether or not to create my own sign to match my colors/theme, I decided to use Christina Bainbridge's sign and colors instead. It's so cute and goes right along with the book! We also made an anchor chart on which the kids listed ideas for ways they can be bucket fillers this year. Can't wait to see it in action this year!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book and even got little buckets for my kiddos!
    I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! I love your blog! Come on over to my blog to pick up your reward!
    Hilary
    www.rockinteachermaterials.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your buckets! We use bucket filling in my class also and it has made a huge difference :) Glad I stumbled across your blog :)

    Lisa :) (new follower)
    http://madeintheshadeinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete