Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Groundhog's Day, Here We Come!

So, we started our Groundhog's activities today! So fun! We made pictures like these from Highlights Magazine (minus the groundhogs-- we're going to add the groundhogs on Thursday when we know which side to put him on):





At the top of the burrows, we added crushed Oreos to really look like dirt. Can't wait to post pics! They're so cute! We also made a graph of yes/no votes for whether we think Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow or not. The outcome? 10 votes for yes, 8 votes for no. It was close, but I have some optomistic kiddos!! They know we need some more winter weather here in Tennessee-- after all, it's been 60 degrees so far this week... IN JANUARY!!! It's just not right...


Tomorrow we are going to read "Substitute Groundhog" by Pat Miller. Since we're working on revising our endings in Writer's Workshop, I'm going to stop reading right before the end of the story and the kids are going to write their own endings. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm sure it will be entertaining knowing my bunch! I'll post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment